History of Hoddesdon Swimming Club
Hoddesdon Swimming Club was formed in 1884 and based at the Fish and Eels public house at Dobbs Weir on the River Lea. The club was officially registered with the Amateur Swimming Association in 1895.
The members then moved to the luxury of the Spinning Wheel Lido in 1933 which eventually became the Hoddesdon Open Air Pool.
Today, Hoddesdon Swimming Club utilises three swimming pools since 2002 members have trained the majority of the time in The John Warner Sports Centre (Hoddesdon), however, also in Haileybury Sports Complex (Hertfordheath) and Simon Balle School Pool (Hertford).
Ironically, quite a few of the members are moving back to swimming outside in the open water!
- NEXT EVENT
- WANT TO JOIN!
- CONTACT THE CLUB